WBNS in Columbus, OH seeks a dynamic, engaging and enterprising journalist to join our team. This person would anchor Weekend Morning shows and Report three days a week. The successful candidate is someone deeply committed to local news who regularly breaks stories in their market and gets noticed. In addition, they must be an excellent storyteller, developer of sources and understand the news cycle extends to multiple platforms. That means you can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms. Also, paramount is an understanding of morning news and the unique audience it serves.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver on-air news reports in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Enterprise compelling content that is engaging and can drive an audience to watch.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Transmit and present exciting live reports.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
- Minimum 3-5 years news anchor and 3-5 years reporting experience
- Central Ohio knowledge and connections recommended
- Journalist and/or Mass Communications degree
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking, general, and feature news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an understanding on all social platforms – current and emerging – and the tenants of content marketing
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.