KREM/KSKN has an immediate opening for a Weather Anchor/Meteorologist to join our "Up with KREM" Morning Team. Are you a morning person who wants to help people get ready for their day? Do you provide viewers weather information they can't get on their phones? Are you a digital star who can write dynamic stories and engage with audiences on social media? This position will handle every aspect of meteorology, including forecasting, preparing graphics, posting digital forecasts and reporting in the field. Candidates should submit a link to a video resume reel as well as examples of social media posts that showcase weather and personality. This is a full-time, salaried, union position that reports to the Morning Executive Producer.
- Prepare and present accurate weather forecasts
- Interact with the audience on multiple platforms, especially during severe weather
- Help track and warn consumers of severe weather during continuous coverage
- Develop story sources to bring unique and community-based pitches to editorial discussions
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Participate in various community events/campaigns representing KREM 2
- Perform other tasks as required by Content Team leaders
- Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology or climate science preferred
- AMS seal preferred
- Minimum of 2 years on-air experience
- Must demonstrate dynamic on-camera skills with a memorable personality both in studio and in the field
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong social media skills, including an active weather presence on Facebook and Instagram
- Good understanding of operating video equipment desired
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to work mornings, nights and weekends
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.