11Alive is looking for a creative and experienced Senior Producer to lead our award-winning Morning Show in Atlanta. Unlike traditional morning news programs, this show is presented in a style that informs and engages the audience. This is all done with seasoned/engaging hosts, captivating content and unique segment themes.
This person will work collaboratively with show’s Executive Producer to help guide teams in creating unique, shareable content that evokes emotion across all platforms (broadcast, digital, social). Our ideal candidate has proven experience successfully identifying engaging content, teaching others how to do so, and developing a roadmap to meet the goals of our company.
- Help oversee the format/structure of show, so it doesn’t feel like a traditional newscast
- Effectively manage breaking news
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources
- Oversee producer scripts and reporter packages
- Lead other projects when required
- Use consumer & digital analytics in determining content
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Perform other tasks as needed
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in news supervisory role
- Strong editorial/journalistic judgement
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.