KCRA 3, the Hearst Television station in Sacramento, is looking for a strong, take-charge reporter to join our #1 team. The successful candidate is innovative, thrives on breaking news and is highly competitive. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellence in journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big story coverage and investigative reporting.
- Generate strong story ideas every day that lead newscasts.
- Develop content that goes beyond surface details, accentuates enterprise angles and has exclusive elements.
- Develop a network of sources to spotlight issues of significance in our diverse community.
- Consistently contribute engaging content on all TV, digital and social platforms throughout the day.
- Operate with unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills on all platforms
- Exceptional live reporting skills.
- Demonstrate impeccable time-management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to enterprise and uncover.
- Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
- Must be a team player who collaborates thoughtfully and respectfully.
- At least 2 years of reporting experience.
- Your reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
- Must be willing to work weekends, mornings and holidays.
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE