WUSA, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Washington, DC, is seeking a part-time Production Assistant to join our powerhouse team. The eager and intuitive applicant must be ready for the following.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Fully engaged with live and recorded newscasts and productions;
• Able to stand for extended periods of time;
• Comfortable with ladders/heights;
• Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs;
• Maintain studio preparedness and cleanliness;
• Production Support including operating a teleprompter, floor directing (cueing and managing talent), script organization and arranging set pieces;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's in Mass Communications or related field preferred;
• Able to work various shifts and days: including early morning and late night;
• Reliable transportation;
• Multi-media computer experience;
• Strong oral/written communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills; and
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet daily deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.