Job Description and Responsibilities
KFSM-TV 5NEWS, the CBS affiliate in Northwest Arkansas, is looking for a News Producer to work from our new Fayetteville newsroom.
Candidates must be curious, creative and collaborate in the newsroom with a strong editorial voice. Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, and conversational writing.
The ideal candidate will share ideas for daily local content, while maintaining attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of each newscast, while also meeting tight deadlines.
• Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, and specialized local content for the newscast.
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Work directly with Executive Producer & other management to consistently build a high-quality newscast
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Enterprise local news stories
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
• Minimum of 2 years' experience producing/line producing for newscasts
• Understanding of the tenets of journalism
• Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
• Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations, and changing events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.