KIII, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate in Corpus Christi, TX, is searching for a motivated and high-performing strategic leader to serve as the next President & General Manager. The successful candidate will have a short period of overlap with the retiring general manager, to ensure a smooth transition and the continued momentum for this outstanding team. KIII 3NEWS delivers news and entertainment across a wide variety of platforms, serving the communities of South Texas. As the leader of this multi-media operation, the President & General Manager, working with the leadership team, is accountable for developing and executing a strategic plan responsive to the operation’s long-term vision. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of recruiting strong performers, building strong collaborative cultures, achieving financial goals and driving innovation. The position reports to the Senior Vice President, TEGNA Media Operations.
- Overall success of the station, with full accountability for content, sales, brand and operations across all platforms.
- Develop short, intermediate and long-range revenue and audience strategies to grow market share and engagement across platforms.
- Define and execute the station’s vision and strategy to ensure KIII 3NEWS is positioned as a leader in the market.
- Be the cross functional leader across news, marketing, sales and engineering to ensure business execution excellence.
- Maximize profit opportunities with core business and digital business by designing and delivering programming that drives ratings and revenue growth.
- Works directly with the sales organization and clients to provide successful customer solutions.
- Develop and manage the annual budgets, including accurate forecasting.
- Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution capabilities
- Provide leadership in the South Texas community and build relationships with staff, advertisers and viewers.
- Define talent strategy for station; recruit and retain strong leaders and memorable talent that represent local communities, identify and fill talent gaps.
- Develop and coach direct reports to build a strong culture of collaboration and accountability.
- Ensure high-potential talent for critical roles are prepared to lead the organization in the future.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business or related field and 7+ years of strong performance in a leadership position with a multimedia company.
- Experience building high-performing & diverse teams, developing staff and fostering a culture of excellence and ownership.
- Proven track record of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement.
- Embrace and lead through uncertainty and change to position your team for success.
- Passion for inspiring others to do extraordinary things.
- Top-notch critical thinking skills and data-driven decision-making capability.
- Excellent judgment, role model and community leader.
- Mastery of planning, prioritizing and achieving financial and strategic objectives.
- Expertise in digital advertising strategies and regular use of digital platforms.
- Learning agility, risk-taking and growth mentality; driven to discover new ways to win audience and grow business.
- Effective communicator and inclusive leader who listens well, takes input from all levels, and creates a shared vision
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.