WZDX FOX 54 in the beautiful and exciting city of Huntsville, AL is looking for great storytellers who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
The ideal candidate will love the dual challenge of covering news and sports. Qualified candidates must also be able to develop and deliver stories for all digital and broadcast platforms.
- Enterprise story ideas, write, shoot and edit stories for television, mobile and social platforms
- Report live breaking news
- Deliver on-air sports coverage including live reports, anchoring and story telling
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports
- Write for digital platforms
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Experience with photojournalism, editing and content management systems
- Experience anchoring sports and news segments
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.