It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Make your mark in the television news industry. Be a part of a winning team! WTAJ-TV is Central PA’s News Leader, and we have an immediate opening for a creative News Producer. Show stackers need not apply. This position requires you to be a leader in the television newsroom. The ideal candidate must have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to meet multiple deadlines to produce an engaging and informative newscast both on-air and online. WTAJ has a record of producing quality newscasts and journalists. Those that strive to be the best will receive the opportunity for advancement.
The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts video to the website.
- Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
- Writes and orders news stories
- Approves scripts
- Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
- Edits video
- Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar