The News Producer is responsible for contributing story ideas; writing stories; organizing them within an energetic and memorable newscast or digital content for the web. This position will work the AM shows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists in writing and production of broadcast or on-line publication
· Contributes to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
· Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices
· Writes, produces and edits material that appeals to target audiences
· Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources
Requirements and Skills:
· Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute
· Understand brand building directives
· Interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, digital and engineering staff
· Detail oriented
· Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
· Ability to develop strong news judgment
· Possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
· Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
· Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
In addition, the News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar