The WBOY-TV Reporter/Multimedia Journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
• Determines a story’s emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
WBOY-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar