WGRZ, the NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY is looking for a Multi-Skilled Producer to join our team.
The ideal candidate can write, create and produce exciting and interesting newscasts and news content for all platforms. We are looking for someone who can help evolve our nightside newscasts and content while working closely with our Evening Executive Producer.
We don't want a show "stacker". We are not interested in story count, but stories that count and fit with our "On Your Side" brand.
Producers must be able to multi-task during the news-gathering hours.
The ideal candidates are creative problem solvers with strong journalistic judgment, detailed skills and an ability to think creatively.
Our Producers must be able to skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
· Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
· Write news stories for on-air broadcasting.
· Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
· Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
· Enterprise news stories.
· Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
· Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
· Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
· Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
· BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
· 1-3 years of experience preferred
· Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
· Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
· Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
· Knowledge of ENPS, EDIUS and Axis graphics a plus
· Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
· Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.