NBC4 (WCMH-TV nbc4i.com) in Columbus, Ohio is looking for a self-motivated digital content producer to join the top-ranked digital news platform in central Ohio. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial and news judgement skills, video editing abilities and experience producing digital content in a high-pressure television news environment. They must be able to closely collaborate with a team while being able to work independently.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce digital content for all of NBC4's digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps and social media
- Excel in breaking news situations, accurately reporting and updating information as it happens online
- Work closely with assignment editors, broadcast producers and newsroom managers to coordinate three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around news coverage
- Identify compelling, unique stories of interest to our local audience and be a bold voice at editorial meetings to make sure these stories are heard on digital and on air
- Use various metrics to identify digital content priority and placement decisions to grow digital audiences
- Copy edit content written by others and correct errors, grammar and punctuation following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- Teach, coach and mentor talent and other digital contributors in best practices for writing and producing content on their own social platforms
- Ensure all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with an online CMS (Knowledge of Wordpress is a plus)
- Strong grasp of posting to various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and IGTV
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
- Write in a smart, conversational and shareable manner with a creative format and style
- Basic Photoshop and video editing skills
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Ability to shoot video for digital platforms a plus
- Bachelors degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree preferred. Three (3) years minimum experience as a digital news producer or digital journalist preferred. Experience in writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system.
- Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
- High stress office environment with deadline pressures. Position will require you to prioritize tasks and multitask daily, and well as manage multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. You must be able to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
- NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Qualified Applicants please apply online at http://nexstar.tv/careers
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar