KARK/FOX16 in Little Rock, AR, has an immediate opening for a Digital Director. The Digital Director sets the vision for our digital-first newsroom and drives everyone to live out the brand. The Digital Director leads the digital team that creates and produces the station's digital coverage on all platforms. The Digital Director will also manage digital projects done by anchors, reporters, meteorologists, etc. We are looking for a newsroom leader that will help raise the digital bar for our entire station.
The Digital Director is responsible for managing, producing and organizing the station's websites and all mobile platforms. Previous success growing a website and mobile views/visits are essential, and experience improving performance from metrics is a must.
Social Media/Audience Engagement experience is also required to lead growth on all social media platforms. We are looking for a person to lead our Digital team and drive higher levels of engagement, web traffic, and television viewing from our social audiences.
The successful candidate must have knowledge of video desktop editing, basic coding, HTML, CMS, Photoshop and word processing programs.
Duties and Expectations:
• Manage content display across desktop and mobile
• Be a newsroom leader
• Be a fixture in the morning and afternoon editorial meetings
• Strong editorial judgment
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar, punctuation, etc.
• Contribute content to relevant events and/or stories as needed
• Assist with special project/sweeps planning & execution
• Think strategically about developing the digital audiences and online capacities of newsroom
• Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services while utilizing new and emerging technologies
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
• Assist in managing sales content elements that have strong revenue potential and web user interest
• Live streaming knowledge
• Work in tandem with News Director and other news managers
• Execute breaking news – including push alerts, social media, email alerts
• Develop and maintain new sections of the websites as news coverage dictates
• Plan for the long-term growth of the sites, sets priorities and plans coverage for major events
• Manage social media – station staff posts and moderation of user comments
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at http://www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar