The Chief Photographer must be a proven newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity. This role will excel under tight deadlines and bring bold, creative ideas for developing the photography staff.
- 40% – Manage a team of photographers. Develop their skills and evolve the team into the best photography unit in the country. Position will recruit, hire, critique, and train.
- 10% – Work with team to create innovative news content; able to think differently and critically.
- 50% – Shoot and edit market leading news stories, setting the bar for the staff to emulate.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3 – 5 years of photography and editing experience
- Supervisory experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- Strong background in ENG (electronic news gathering) operations
- SNG (satellite news gathering) experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule – nights, weekends, holidays
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the US
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar