WTIC/ WTTC-TV is in search of a Broadcast Engineer to provide technical support to FOX61 and CW20 in Hartford, CT. This individual will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing TV/Digital production, transmission, and broadcast systems equipment.
- Support day to day operations of our television stations including all daily news operations, equipment and computer-based IT systems.
- Maintain and/or repair satellite receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, routers, automation, editing systems, intercoms, monitors, display systems, as well as traditional desktop and file/print services.
- Provide technical support to operational users.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and software applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
- Create and maintain wiring documentation, and system configuration documentation.
- Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices.
- Maintain knowledge staying current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, and studio production.
- Knowledge of IT and Broadcast systems operation, maintenance and services as needed to assist in supporting these systems.
- Provide light building maintenance and perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain, support and upgrade broadcast and IT environments throughout the station including the news department, sales and traffic departments, and/or television broadcast studios.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and maintain television broadcast equipment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (ability to clearly communicate the status of problems, provide updates to progress on projects, and offer solutions to technical issues).
- Minimum 5 years related TV broadcasting and/or network IT experience.
- Associate degree (AA) in electronics, related field or work experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to install and maintain computer systems and network equipment.
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Must possess strong personal interaction skills, good communication skills, ability to work under pressure and deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.